February 2, 2009
I’ve made a little progress in the UFO department (unfinished object’s), and by little I mean little. I finished the sweater for baby Kate. I actually finished it when I got back from Germany. I bought the buttons there, sewed them on when I got home and in the mail the package went. I haven’t heard that she’s gotten it yet. I hope she likes it. I know it will be way way to big, but she’ll be able to wear it when she’s toddler size for sure.
Here’s a picture
I also finished the Unoriginal Hat which I told you about a week or so ago. So that’s two items off the list. Here is what remains from the original list, not in any particular order. Sorry, still no pictures.
2. My second Slytherin Sock – I have been working on this here and there. Making a little bit of progress.
3. Belarus bag – still needs the handles and the liner.
4. Carey’s sock – she’s still living in St. Thomas so I just don’t feel the need for wool socks is a priorty.
5. My Palindrome Scarf - this I will finish because I love the yarn and the pattern. It just got pushed to the side to get the Christmas knitting out of the way. Here’s a picture of the yarn.
It’s Paton’s Soy Wool Stripes and it is awesomely soft. I have approximately 6 inches of scarf complete.
Items I forgot about but that should be added to this list are:
6. The knit net shawl that I started last year in May.
That really is a manageable list.
In other news. I am making decent progress on my Welt and Rib Raglan. I’m just about finished the 2×1 rib stitch pattern (which is the piece directly at/under the boobs) and ready to start the next 5×1 rib stitch pattern that continues down the body of the sweater. Rib stitch is good for me. I can talk and knit, watch tv and knit at the same time because it’s easy enough for me to keep track of the stitches. This will be a good project for me to work on at knitting groups. Here’s a picture of the progress at about 3 inches complete.
This next bit is definitely not an unfinished object. It is now classified as a finished object. Tonight’s homemade dessert. Strawberry Shortcake. YUMMO. Of course I paid through the nose for the strawberries this time of year, but they were well worth the 12 manat. This treat followed my stuffed Canneloni which were FANTASTIC.
And last but not least, an obligatory Max picture for all you Max fans out there. He is the greatest dog. He has the personality of an obnoxious 3 year old, but at other times he’s absolutely adorable. Here he is laying on Scott’s lap for his daily belly rubs.
I don’t know who’s more out of it, Scott or Max.
Now, I’m off to play Mousehunt. I’ve been trying since Thursday to catch this darned Zombie mouse….not any old Zombie will do, I’ve caught plenty of those. I need one who will give me the map to the Mouseleum. I know he’s out there. I just need to find the right, trap, cheese combo to nab the little sucker!
December 7, 2008
Today I took inventory of my WIP’s/UFO’s and found that I have become what I always swore I wouldn’t become…a knitter. I have the following projects on the needles waiting to be completed as I post:
1. Baby Surprise Jacket - Christmas gift for Kate Collins…will be late.
2. Slytherin Socks – started in September. Finished one, second one about 25% complete. In my own pattern.
3. Mini sock – test sock per request of Embassy store…possible to sell these items. In my own pattern.
4. Clapotis – received pattern and yarn for my birthday….I’m about 30% finished, but I think I’m going to have to frog back to my life line and start fresh from there…we’ll see
5. Clementine Shawlette - started in May 2008. I received the pattern and yarn in a swap I participated in. I love the pattern and the yarn, but I think I should be using bigger needles. I’m looking for a lacier look. Jess thinks it will be fine once it’s blocked….hmm…frog or continue?
6. Carey’s socks – I’ve finished one…the other is pending.
7. Silk Garden Scarf – I cast this on last night…not sure who it will be for.
So there you have it. All of my current works in progress. This does not include the sweater that I am supposed to be working on for the Sexy Knitters Club or any of the other projects that are in my queue just waiting for me to start, or any of those favorites that I’ve highlighted as potential future knits.
It’s hopeless, I’m hooked. No pun intended.